(a collection of things i fall in love with on a daily basis)

Monday, April 6, 2009

GNAR ISH: HIGHER EDUCATION

RANT!
I've learned very little in classes where I've received 'good' grades. I've learned, grown, and challenged myself a great deal in classes where I've received 'bad', ugly grades. I know 'smart' kids who get all the A's, but who completely lack any semblance of social tact. I know the kids who don't get great grades but know what they want to do and know how to do it well. A vampire not nearly as attractive, sexy, or brooding as that hearth-throb from Twilight, a proper vampire draining young minds of their passions and categorizing minds into left brain, right brain, stupid, smart, math, english..Fear of and loathing of S.A.T.'s, A.C.T.'s, G.P.A's, L.S.A.T.'s... A's, B's, C's, D's, and F's. I've been going to school for as long as I can remember. Sitting in a classroom- listening to someone else talk about things I don't usually give a fuck about. I pay for this opportunity. I sit in a desk that was intentionally designed to be uncomfortable so as to keep me from falling asleep. To listen to some fucking fool... some cookie-cutter motherfucker getting paid to turn me into a cookie-cutter motherfucker with useless information- in one ear out the other. Fuck it. No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks.





No comments: