(a collection of things i fall in love with on a daily basis)

Thursday, April 2, 2009

GNAR ISH: F. Scott

- A great social success is a pretty girl who plays her cards as carefully as if she were plain.

-First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.

-I like people and I like them to like me, but I wear my heart where God put it, on the inside.

-I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library.

-Though the Jazz Age continued it became less and less an affair of youth. The sequel was like a children's party taken over by the elders.

--- F. Scott Fitzgerald

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read Hemingway's A Moveable Feast for two chapters dedicated to F. Scott as he really was- these are toward the end of the memoir.