(a collection of things i fall in love with on a daily basis)

Sunday, May 3, 2009

FOREVER: Cigars

When folks ask me why I smoke cigars, I simply explain that I do it for the camaraderie. Sure, I appreciate the complexity of flavors and the way that an impeccably constructed cigar offers a different smoke for each third of the cylinder. But let's get real—in today's age, how often do you and a buddy sit down and have an hour of uninterrupted time. Sparking up a cigar is a commitment: it means that you are duty-bound to smoke it to the last. In fact, some of my best friendships have been forged over a mutual love for cigars.


I've been lucky enough to have sampled more types of cigars than I can remember; yet, I always return to the AVO 787 Robusto. It consistently provides a nice medium smoke with earth tones and a bit of nuttiness. I feel that AVO presents a great base for comparison to the other cigars that one experiences.

(What a guy!)

And remember kids: just because it's not a Cuban doesn't preclude it from being an excellent smoke.


-FOREVER

No comments: