(a collection of things i fall in love with on a daily basis)

Monday, February 23, 2009

GNAR ISH: COME AS YOU ARE

Either my dear friend is in a very strange mood or someone has hacked into his account.... Not really sure which is more likely. Either way I thought I'd pay tribute to the late Kurt Cobain. It was the 15th anniversary of his suicide on Friday, February 20th. Kurt is a rocknroll icon whose influence on music is truly too great for me to express here. I first got into Nirvana in high school (my dear mother of all people gave me their greatest hits CD). Soon I was listening to the CD... yes CD... on my walkman...yes walkman... on the way too and from school every day. Not too long after that I had every Nirvana song in existence and had read a Cobain biography called Heavier Than Heaven which I highly recommend. Here's to the scruffy white knight of the grunge movement... We miss you man.




No comments: